Saturday, April 22, 2006

A Long, Strange Trip to Orgasm


Regina Lynn gives new sex toys a try.
It was clumsy, undignified, funny and left me sore, but I eventually did climax, mostly by bucking my pelvis on the dildo while holding the JHJ still and keeping the Je Joue in place. I even came rather spectacularly, all things considered; I'm not sure I've ever spent that much time masturbating before in my life.

Well, not alone, anyway.

Ultimately, the Jack Hammer Johnson strikes me as the perfect example of something Je Joue designer Geoff Hollington talked about. He says the vast majority of sex toys reveal a male (mis)conception about female masturbation, and that it was obvious to him that women aren't consulted about most designs. With all the advances in technology in the past 10 years, he wondered why the sex toy market is still saturated by two themes: vibration and penises.

Phallic products seem to reflect a desire, conscious or not, for a man to feel responsible for a woman's sexual pleasure. If a woman chooses a priapic toy over one shaped like a rubber duckie in bondage gear, she validates the importance of the penis and therefore of male influence on her orgasm.

Wired Magazine's Sex Columnist Regina Lynn

No comments: